When I tell people my boys and I live small I always get asked “how small”. hence a post on how small our small living is.
We have three rooms in our home. A boys room, an everything room and a bathroom
The everything room
Size 6 x 4 metres aprox
This is the kitchen, my studio, my bedroom, our diningroom, our livingroom. It is truly everything! I have a very small budget so right now it doesn’t make best use of the space and it isn’t exactly as I would like it to be but I have made it work with what I have.
What is in this room?
you know writing this all down has made me realise just how well those hours of playing Tetris as a child where spend!!
- non perishable food for at least a month ( and enough tea for an entire army!)
- plates/cutlery/pots/pans/few select kitchen gadgets
- cooker with 4 gas hobs and double oven
- fish tank
- lots and lots of house plants
- approx 500 books (and many many more on Kindle!)
- sofa bed (no further storage in this)
- dining room table (lid lifts to store craft supplies)
- 6 crates of craft supplies
- potato box doubles as a seat at the table
The boys room
size 4 x 4 metres
The boys bedroom. Generally know as the lego death trap!
in this room we have:
- 1 bunkbed
- 1 loftbed
- 2 chests of drawers (one for clothes, one for lego)
- Many shelves in the alcoves for books, projects, games etc.
- Small TV with a WII so we can snuggle up and watch Netflix during one of those many rainy days
- 2 bookcases
- desk with pc (under the loft bed)
- 8 crates with toys (under the bunk bed)
size 2 x 3 metres
In this room we have
- washing machine
- storage for all bathroomy bits (tp-paper, soaps, shampoos, toothpaste, washing powder etc)
The Harry Potter (known to most people as the cupboard under the stairs)
This isn’t a room, its a built in storage cupboard. There is just about enough space for a bunch of crates. a large ikea bag of knitting yarn and my bedding.