A full day workshop on the pleasures of keeping ducks!
Held in my own backyard I show you
- how to house ducks
- feeding ducks
- do they need a large pond?
- we discuss breeds,
- advantages (and disadvantages) of ducks versus chickens
- incubating and hatching your own ducks
- buying ducks from a breeder
- foxes and other predators
- ducks and aquaponics
- dealing with neighbour concerns
the workshop runs from 10-4.30ish
What you need if you attend this workshop:
- Sensible clothing ! Wellies and a raincoat are advised as we will be outside a lot and this is Britain after all….
- Pencils and paper. Pencil and sharpener and a notebook
- Food and drink. I supply tea and coffee you bring food, cup plate and cutlery 🙂
I encourage use of public transport where possible. This workshop is held at my home (address will be given after payment) which is easily accessible by stagecoach bus from Swindon. Swindon has a railway station for those coming in from slightly further away. Some camping may be available and accommodation can be found at several of the pubs in the high street a ten minute walk from my home. If you require accommodation send me a message to discuss your options.